My Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Universal's Islands of Adventure

We got to the entrance of the theme park a half hour before opening time, and when they opened the gates, we headed straight to the back of the park to the Harry Potter land. Still, by the time we got to the main ride, it was a 45 minute wait.

The ride was fantastic, an impressive mixture of CG simulation, animatronics and authentic roller coaster thrills.

The rest of the Harry Potter world was themed to the max, and would have been extremely enjoyable if you were not literally standing shoulder to shoulder with strangers throughout the whole of it. It was fun but would have been much more so if it were more spread out and if they didn't allow so many people into the land at the same time. I got grumpy really quickly....I hate bumping into people right and left and I detest grumpy strangers shouting through my ears at their children on the other side of me. My overall experience in the land wasn't a good one, but that wasn't the theme park's fault. There is just too much hype surrounding that section of the theme park right now...in five years I would love to go explore it again.

The butterbeer was tasty. The foam was so buttery and delicious.

The line for the main ride crept through Hogwarts itself. It was the best line I have ever waited through...you got to meander through school rooms, the herbology greenhouse, Dumbledore's office, etc.



One of the students at Hogwarts.




The second half of our day was much more pleasant. We enjoyed a show or two and a few roller coasters, and by 5 o'clock felt that we had done everything we wanted to do in the theme park.

It was our last full day in Orlando. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment